The ministry of business does budgeting, finance, payroll, short term planning, and assures efficient operations.
Business ministry roles and “goals”
- Establish and Maintain Standards. Because of the potential for misconduct, extra care will be taken to ensure that responsible management of church funds takes place. This will include the ongoing refinement of ethical standards for handling funds.
- Teach Biblical Stewardship. The business leaders will also take leadership roles in educating members on what it means to manage the resources of life—money, possessions, talents, time—in ways consistent with God’s desires found in Scripture.
- Mission-Minded Business Leaders. Business leaders will be those who love Jesus and seek to explore how money can bless the lives of others. Creative application of money principles for mission work, such as how to create funds for capitalizing the poor to help them break out of poverty through entrepreneurial work, will flow from the mission-minded business leaders.
- Give Minimum of 10% of Annual Budget to Mission. We will make sure that the principle of the tithe is a minimum standard for the entire church.
- Clear Communication. The business leaders will produce clear communications, whether verbal, written or electronic, to allow members to know exactly how the church handles funds and to allow leaders to manage the areas entrusted to them.
Ministry Leader: Earle Brown
For more information on the business commission, email us or call the church office at (727) 734-5493.